Sunday, October 10, 2010

Keep on movin'...

Moving day has come and gone. Which is way it has taken me so long to update the blog. I spent the whole of last weekend packing, wading through, loading and off-loading boxes, appliances and furniture. It really is amazing that one person can accumulate so much crap. This has all been taken to a top secret, high security storage facility. All my stuff, packed off in a big box, not unlike a garage. Although it is on an upper level. So you need a forklift to go quickly fetch something that you forgot to keep out. I am now a squatter, staying in the lounge of a very good friend, who was kind enough to give me a roof over my head (and some space to put even more boxes). This, we made very clear, is just temporary. In a short while I will be heading off to the green pastures of Pretoria for a few months, after which I shall stay in aforementioned lounge again. But then, come hell or high water, I will find my own place. Promise. Soon. I can feel it in my water.

This weekend I went to my cousin's wedding which was great fun and it seems that I have finally, also managed to meet a really nice girl.


TFLNOTD:

(614):

I know it sounds like a good idea, but doing Spanish homework at a bar just because the owners are Mexican and they give us margaritas really wasn't the best decision.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write a Girl List? Haa haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely, resolutely, what else ends with utely refuse to make a list. Lists are the devil's handiwork!

    ReplyDelete