Saturday, October 23, 2010

Licence to ill

I hope I don't get sued for that. Boys, just think of it as free advertising.

Sometime during last week I thought "hey, the year is almost over and I haven't been sick at all". You see what I did wrong there? I went and notified the bloody universe of an otherwise unimportant and unnoticed oversight. It rectified this. Speedily. Monday I was fine. Tuesday I was buggered. Damn flu. So after working a day while sick and then spending 2 days either in bed or en route to or from the loo, I am now back at work, snotty and just plain blegh. I hate being sick. I have too much to do, there is no time for illness. Not that anybody ever really does have time for it, I guess, and I know I share the same lot as many over this period. But what happens to other people is nowhere near as important to me as what happens to me. And besides, being in the fast lane of single life, one can't afford to walk around with fluids running from every possible orifice on one's face. Even though all orifices from the waist down seem to be in good working order, it doesn't matter, because nobody wants to come within arm's reach of the afflicted. People part like the red sea to let a sick person pass. "Hell no, you stay away from me, " "put that tongue back where it came from" and "you ain't givin' me your lurgies" are just some of the remarks directed, from a distance, at the poor unfortunate sod, sniffing and coughing away.

There's no real point to this litany. I'm just misereable because I'm sick. But I have my pills, my throat lozenges and my immune boosters. Bugger, I forgot to take one of those this morning. Anyway, I have all my weapons against the disease. My cause is just. I must prevail.

TFLNOTD:

(512):

So....maintenance found the bullethole.....

No comments:

Post a Comment