Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rainy days

It's Saturday and cold and wet in Cape Town. Exactly as it is supposed to be. I don't know where people get off complaining about wet weather here. This is Cape Town. Known through the ages as The Cape of Storms. What did you expect? Anyway, I like this weather. It's great for sitting indoors, with a book or a DVD and snuggling with that someone special. Yeah...being single and at work doesn't really fit into that image all that well. Buggerit. I still like the rain.

Although, I really hate driving in it. People seem to lose all sense on the road as soon as the first drops hit their windscreen. Instead of driving a little slower and being just that ounce more observant and careful, they go exactly the other way! They do the dumbest things, even more idiotic than what they normally do. And for some, this is quite the challenge. So I am putting this call out there, to all the stoopid people, you know who are, to please try really hard to go against your nature and just take it a bit easier when the wet stuff comes down. Please. Failure to do so might one day result in a foot so far up your posterior that you look like a unicorn. I'm not threatening anybody here. Goodness knows I am not a violent man. Just saying. You know, accidents happen.

For those of us needing some stress relief after a hard day on the roads, I shall leave this link to one of the best websites ever: www.textsfromlastnight.com. Go there. You will enjoy it. I will from now on put a favourite text from last night (TFLN) of the day on each post (if I remember) until such time as I am told I am not allowed to. Here is today's:

(707):

Things got a little weird when he fired up his homemade flamethrower in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment